About five years ago, I got hooked on cupcakes. Not from eating them, but from watching Cupcake Wars on the Food Network. Prior to Cupcake Wars I only had the garden variety type – yellow cake with chocolate frosting. I watched in amazement as these bakers made Salted Caramel Cupcakes with Pecan Coconut Brittle Crumble and Caramel Swiss Buttercream, Double Shot Mocha Latte Cupcakes, Banana Cupcakes with White Chocolate Macadamia Frosting and Maple Cupcakes with Cherry Compote and Goat Cheese Frosting. Yes, goat cheese. I thank Cupcake Wars for elevating cupcakes to a whole new level. When cupcakes became “a thing” bakeries across America started taking them seriously and stores dedicated only to cupcakes started popping up everywhere. These days the flavor combinations are amazing and they look almost too pretty to eat. I’ve compiled a list of six of my favorite cupcake places in Connecticut. It was a tough job, but someone had to do it.
1. Alina’s Patisserie, Fairfield, CT – Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese frosting (she makes these adorable Terrier cupcakes)
2. Billy’s Bakery, Fairfield, CT – Vanilla Cake with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting and sprinkles
3. Crumbs, Westport, CT – The Red Velvet with Cream Cheese Frosting
4. Erica O’Brien, Hamden, CT – Almond with Hot Chocolate Frosting
5. Forever Sweet, Norwalk, CT – Chocolate Peanut Butter or Salted Caramel pictured (I love them equally)
6. The SoNo Baking Company & Cafe, Westport, South Norwalk and Darien, CT – Dark Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Buttercream Mini Cupcakes
If you liked this post, please take a moment to “Like” us back on Facebook. Click HERE to take you to the Connecticut in Style Facebook Page. Thank you so much!