Gift Guide 2016: The Best Gifts For Your ManIn my experience, gift buying for the guys can go one of two ways. Either, “I’ve got nothing” or “I’d better dial back.” It’s feast or famine. There are some years when Kerry can’t jot down one single item for me to put under the tree and other years where he has a decent list of gift ideas. This year he has mentioned that he’d like a classic blue pea coat and a pair of jeans. It might take a bit of the fun away because he will know what’s in the box, so I like to sneak in a few surprises that he’ll love.
One of the most needed items that people don’t think about asking for, are socks. Yes, it is a practical gift because socks are good for about a year before they need to be replaced. But, a fun or stylish pair of socks that adds some personality to an outfit are always appreciated. Plus, we are entering the snow, sleet and sand season which means that we need to be prepared to leave our shoes at the door. Translation: Fresh clean socks needed in everyone’s drawers.
I know what you are thinking. Perhaps socks seem boring as a gift. I would have agreed with you until I witnessed a Yankee Swap turn ugly during a Christmas party a few years ago. The guests brought all kinds of really great gifts including jewelry, a shrug scarf, a gift certificate for a mani/pedi and bottles of wine. However, the most traded item of the evening was a pair of pretty red and white holiday-themed wool socks. All the women at the party wanted them. Smiles turned to frowns as they were
thrown reluctantly handed to the next person. I got stuck with a plastic museum tote that a guest pulled out from the bottom of her closet. She doesn’t even like art! Maybe she didn’t get the memo that it wasn’t a White Elephant Gift game.
Socks are not just for your man (see aforementioned warning about leaving shoes at your friend’s door). They make great stocking stuffers (no pun intended) for everyone on your gift list. Today, it is all about the men in our lives. Here is my roundup of The Best Gifts for Your Man, happy shopping!
Gift Guide 2016: The Best Gifts for Your Man
- Help him keep his toes warm with this Alpine Swiss Men’s Cotton Six-Pack Dress Socks.
- Since I started at the bottom, pants are next. Every man needs a pair of 501 Levis to feel rugged. This are the original shrink to fit.
- Quarter-zip Cable Sweater at Land’s End comes in other colors, but I love the Forest Heather with the contrasting blue inside collar. Layer this over a plaid or check shirt for a pop of color.
- Add this Boreal Moss Multi Gingham shirt to wear underneath the Quarter-zip Cable Sweater and you’ll have one dapper man on your hands. Meow!
- Working our way up, these cozy, oversized slouchy beanies are all the rage. This one comes in over 40 different colors! They are unisex, so might as well pick one up for your beautiful head.
- He’ll blaze the trails with this FitBit. Encourage him to stay fit or get fit for a healthier, happier life.
- I gave Kerry a Messenger Bag last Christmas and he loves it. He uses it daily to store all his gear in style.
Want more ideas? Just head directly to Mark & Graham. They have an impressive selection of gifts for men from shaving kits to cool monogrammed items. I highly recommend checking them out, you’ll be surprised at the huge inventory. They have something for every guy on your list.