Five Fabulous Fragrances by Connecticut in Style ctinstyle.com
I think that perfume is very personal. Not every fragrance smells the same on everyone and it takes some sampling to find the right one for your body and your senses. Some people want their perfume to be flowery, others like a warmer smell which can come from a blend of sandalwood and musk and as for me, I like single notes. I also think that once you have found a perfume that smells amazing on you (and believe me, people will tell you) you should stick to it. I have several girlfriends that are loyal to their perfume and there is something lovely about knowing that when I see them I can count on that little whiff of fragrance that ties me to my familiarity of them. My grandmother wore Shalimar by Guerlain exclusively, and whenever I smell it, it immediately takes me back to spring holidays in Palm Beach, Florida. It is amazing how a fragrance or a song can transport you to another time and place. Here is a roundup of my top summer fragrances!
1. Nest Dahlia & Vines – One of my favorite flowers are peonies and this tops my list. Dewy daffodils, peony, and rose are blended with the essence of garden vines. This combination reveals a romantic floral that exudes elegance, grace, and luxury. I’d buy it for the packaging alone!
2. Cartier Goutte de Rose – Sweet and chic, this is a bright and joyful fragrance. Infused with the delicacy of a freshly picked garden rose. I think the ladies of Downton Abbey would wear this.
3. Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream – Marc Jacobs does everything right in my book. His irresistible mix of intricate details, elegance, and femininity for a fresh interpretation of the iconic Daisy motif. The fruity-floral fragrance has a light and airy touch, bursting with top notes of blackberry, grapefruit, and pear. The heart notes are introduced with a bouquet of jasmine, lychee, and blue wisteria, and a medley of white woods, musks, and coconut water reveal the base notes.
4. Aerin Ikat Jasmine – The impeccable pairing of jasmine is enhanced with exotic tuberose fleur for a fragrance rich with velvety body and soft freshness. A delicate touch of Honeysuckle invigorates the senses, while tuberose infusion and sandalwood add subtle intensity and luminous depth. Sandalwood reminds me of summer evenings.
5. Dior Addict Eau Fraiche – I’d describe this as crisp, but feminine. Clean notes of bergamot, grapefruit, and orange mingle with fresh, floral notes and ripe fruits, soothed with warm sandalwood and white musk. Sultry and a little sexy.