My husband and I both work full-time, and I imagine like most people, we’d rather not spend our weekends cleaning our home. We’re fortunate to have help with our kiddos and light housekeeping, but we still have to roll up our sleeves and do our part to keep a clean house. Cleaning is a task that I don’t look forward to and because of this, I tend to procrastinate until it piles up and morphs into an all-day task that I only have time to do on the weekend. By the time I wake up on Monday morning I feel like the weekend has been spent running errands, going to the supermarket, and cleaning house and another beautiful day at the beach has been missed. I decided that I will not let the carefree days of summer slip away and needed to find a balance between keeping a clean house and making the time to pack a picnic and spend the day with my family at the beach.
I came up with a daily cleaning schedule that keeps our house clean and I married it with cleaning products that I’d rather not live without. Time is of the essence, and if a cleaning product isn’t doing it for me – I find one that does. I’d love to hear your cleaning tips and favorite products!
CLEANING PRODUCTS THAT I REALLY LIKE:
1. Bounty Paper Towels – Yes, I’ve tried them all. These are very absorbent, strong and most importantly they do not leave any fine paper residue.
2. Sprayway Glass Cleaner – It’s simply the best for all surfaces. I buy it in bulk.
3. Lysol Cling Gel Toilet Bowl Cleaner – I like the angled neck that can get under the rim (ah, yes my glamorous life). Why not splurge and get the Country Scent (kidding).
4. Mr. Clean Magic Eraser – I have no idea what this is made of. If they ever stop making it, I’m doomed. It cleans everything from my patio furniture to cooked on skillet pan residue.
5. Pine Sol – The best part of this product is the smell. I use it to clean tile floors and garbage cans.
6. Clorox Bleach Bathroom Foamer – Great for tubs, showers, toilet seats.
7. Pledge Multi-Surface Spray – Truly good on all surfaces (wood, granite, porcelain, painted)
8. Swiffer Sweeper Wet Mop – Does a great job of replacing a wet mop.
9. Seventh Generation Natural Liquid Laundry Detergent – I’m very cautious about fragrance, but this detergent has a very light scent of blue eucalyptus and lavender and smells clean.
10. Bar Keepers Friend – Removes rust, hard water stains and polishes metals – non-abrasive.