My Charleston Packing List was blush and bashful. That’s code for pink and pink. I don’t know what happened to me, but I got on a pink kick this year. I was invited to do a segment on News 8 CT on how to build a Mimosa Bar, and I wanted something really feminine and soft. I found this ALICE + OLIVIA pink cashmere sweater with the most amazing ruffle sleeves and decided it would be perfect for the show. I haven’t worn pink in a really long time and fell in love with it all over again.
| the ALICE + OLIVIA sweater that started it all |
I wanted to blog about my packing list before I left for my Charleston Girls’ Weekend, but I ran out of time. Even though the getaway has come and gone, I can see myself wearing many of these items again on our spring break vacay.
| I am obsessed with these pale pink peep toe booties, find them here |
My packing process is probably the same as yours. I start with making a list of how many days I will be traveling and what I plan to do each day. I prefer to travel light (i.e. a carry-on bag), especially if it is for just a weekend getaway. I am really careful with packing only the essentials. If possible, I try to travel in the same clothes to and from the destination. That way, I save the entire carry-on bag for clothes to wear when I am there.
I’ve been fortunate to travel extensively and have learned a lot of helpful techniques on packing wisely. Click here if you want tips on How to Pack A Carry On Suitcase Like a Pro.
As I mentioned earlier, I packed a lot of pink for my Charleston trip. It was a girls’ getaway and for whatever reason I was in the mood for all shades of pink. I knew that I be changing twice a day, so I packed flats and casual clothes for daytime tours and shopping. And because we had plans for dinner every night, I packed heels and black pants for the evening.
I’ve itemized my packing list (see below) and re-created the outfits with links to the items (or similar) to purchase. I was able to mix and match many of the items to create different looks.
My Charleston Packing List
- Your favorite pieces of coordinating jewelry
- Two pairs of sunnies (I have a pair of Ray Ban Original Aviators & inexpensive Nine West, ala Jackie O)
- Straw Hat
- Large Handbag / Small Cheetah-print Clutch & Belt
- Pink and White Check Button Down Shirt (Vineyard Vines; similar Ralph Lauren)
- Pink Tank and Pink Cardigan (J Jill)
- Pink and White Gingham Wrap-Around Shirt
- Pink Asymmetrical Top (Anthropologie) ON SALE for $19.95, only M, L in Holly green
- Blue and White Off-the-Shoulder Top (Thread & Supply; similar Generation Love)
- White Top with Keyhole detail (Ralph Lauren)
- White Cotton Blouse
- Camel Cardigan (similar Prada)
- Grey Jacket (Free People, similar)
- Sophie Distressed Boyfriend Jeans (A Gold E)
- Ginger Flare Dark Wash Jeans (7 for all Mankind)
- Bootcut White Jeans (7 for all Mankind)
- Black Cropped Pants (Banana Republic)
- Vaneli ‘Bisa’ Rose Peep Toe Booties (they come in other colors too)
- Converse All-Stars
- Grey Ralph Lauren sneakers
- Black Sandals (similar Ann Taylor)
- Cheetah-Print Flats (Isaac Mizrahi,; similar Prada)
Of course I had to come home with a few items after shopping on Market Street. I picked up this pretty 3-strand necklace made from beads and mini tassels. I can wear each strand alone, or all together. They also fit around the brim of my hat!
| asymmetrical top from Anthropologie, white jeans and black heels |
| same outfit but with Converse All Stars for a sporty look |
| pink and white check shirt from Vineyard Vines, white jeans and Van Eli pink suede booties |
| same outfit as above, but with dark wash Ginger Flare jeans from 7 for all Mankind |
| matching pink tank and cardigan from J. Jill, black pants from BR and black sandals |
| camel cardigan RL, cream top RL, black pants BR and sandals |
| grey jacket Free People, white cotton blouse, A Gold E boyfriend jeans and cheetah print accessories |
| blue off the shoulder top, white jeans that can be worn with either shoe options |
| same outfit as above with pink suede booties, I would add a pink belt/sash |
IF YOU LIKED THIS POST, PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO “LIKE” US BACK ON FACEBOOK, CLICK HERE!
** this post contains affiliate links **
Sarah OBrien Connecticut in Style