Memorial Day Menu Ideas
| “Oh say can you see…” these delicious Petit Fours from Balduccis in Westport, Connecticut |
The Memorial Day weekend seems like it is approaching especially fast this year (or is it just me?). This is the weekend that kicks off summer, beach passes become a requirement to enter our beaches and there is a general anticipation of fun in the air. Driving through town, I’ve been loving all the red, white and blue flag decorations that are popping up around front doors. There are many homes in the historic sections of Fairfield County that go all out and adorn their homes with such American pride. It is truly beautiful.
At this time of year, we’re emerging from our spring cocoons and I really look forward to this long weekend that gives us an opportunity to reconnect. We watch our kiddos march in the local Memorial Day Parade, hang out with friends on the baseball fields and attend BBQs. Even though I don’t feel ready to entertain, I was amazed at how quickly I can be ready – with the help of delicious and professionally prepared food from Balduccis in Westport, CT and some patriotic-themed decor. Super fun and easy!
Memorial Day Menu Ideas
Here are a few quick and easy tips to get ready for the Memorial Day weekend so you can effortlessly entertain and enjoy the long weekend:
- Cater the food. Don’t waste a moment of this time in your kitchen! If you live in Connecticut, leave the work to the experts at Balduccis. These people take food seriously. The professional chefs know what they are talking about and are passionate about preparing food that will “wow” you and your guests. You can call 1.866.278.8866 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to place an order from their Summer BBQ menu, click here to see the menu. It is fabulous. While I was picking up the food, I got help from one of the on-site chefs who gave me great tips for reheating. I was especially impressed with the approach they took with the veggie kebab (also known as kabob). The chef thoughtfully under cooked it, because this allows me to place it on our grill and finish it off perfectly so I can serve grilled vegetables warm – much better than room temperature because the heat elevates the flavors of the veggies. It is little things like this that separate Balduccis from the others.
- Below is the menu that I went with and photos of the food are below – totally yummy!
- BBQ 1/2 Chicken – roasted in a rotisserie oven, slathered in Brother Jimmy’s BBQ sauce.
- Balsamic Chicken Kebabs – Chunks of chicken breast, zucchini, red pepper, cremini mushrooms, and red onions marinated in balsamic dressing, salt and pepper, then grilled and finished in the oven.
- Lemon-Garlic Shrimp Skewers – Large shrimp marinated and grilled with garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, parsley, and salt and pepper.
- Sesame-Ginger Shrimp – shell and tail on, then split like a lobster tail (so ingenious!) marinated in a ginger dressing with sesame oil. Roasted in the oven and garnished with toasted black and white sesame seeds and scallions.
- Watermelon, feta and heirloom tomato salad
- Grilled Red & Yellow Cherry Tomato Kebabs
- American Flag inspired Petit Fours
| BBQ Chicken |
| Sesame-Ginger Shrimp |
| Grilled Red & Yellow Cherry Tomatoes and Balsamic Chicken Kebabs |
| Lemon-Garlic Shrimp |
- Now that the menu is out-of-the-way (sigh of relief) it is time to focus on a festive environment! We recently upgraded our deck furniture from Restoration Hardware. I used a white blanket for the tablecloth and added a blue lantern, two red globes, a votive filled with little American flags, and finished it off with patriotic glasses, plates, napkins and paper lanterns.
- For the lounging area, we have two identical benches that face each other. All I did was add some cute throw pillows from Home Goods to make it cozy and inviting. What’s great about this decor is that it can be used again for July 4th and for a guy’s birthday party. I’ve included tons of photos today, enjoy!
Thank you to Balduccis for sponsoring this post! I’m taking Monday off, see you all back on Tuesday, May 31st. Enjoy your Memorial Day Weekend xo