I have very fond memories of waking up on Easter Sunday to a beautiful basket filled with all sorts of goodies. My siblings and I would hold the baskets and stare through the plastic to see what was inside before we opened it. My mother outdid herself on every holiday, and Easter was no exception. In addition to the obligatory large (but sadly hollow) chocolate bunny, there were jelly beans, candy eggs, chocolate covered marshmallows and a few adorable gifts. It was also one of the few times a year that we got to eat candy for breakfast.
Easter is less than two weeks away! And if you feel like things are sneaking up on you, you’re not paranoid. This year, the timing is a bit challenging. For many of us, Spring Break starts on Monday, April 10th and ends on Friday, April 14th. Easter Sunday is on April 16th. That leaves how many days to prepare for Easter? The answer is a big fat ZERO. If you are traveling out-of-town, you have basically from now until you leave. But don’t panic, there’s always Amazon Prime that has come to my rescue many a time.
An Easter basket with candy is always a safe bet that kids absolutely love. But, if you are looking for some ideas and inspiration that is a departure from a candy-filled Easter Basket, I’ve pulled together some lists of items that are perfect Easter Basket fillers for toddlers to pre-teens. Many of the items can be ordered via Amazon and delivered in a couple of days. If you don’t have Amazon Prime, you should. The free 2-day shipping is so worth it!
I’ve included photos of the darling little Easter Basket I created for Catherine, I know she’s going to love it! Scroll time to see the lists of Easter Basket Stuffers for Kids.
| when I was a little girl, I would belly laugh “making hair” with Play-Doh |
| how flipping cute is this unicorn purse, magical |
Easter Basket Stuffers for Kids
I count my blessings that I get to relive the excitement that my children have for the holidays. Jackson turned 13 last week and he’s way too cool to show any excitement about Easter. Not Catherine. She’s skipping to and from preschool every day, all hopped up (pardon the pun) on Easter-themed everything that her school is doing. Children this age are really easy to buy for, here is a list of Easter Basket Stuffers for Kids:
- A plush stuffed animal (Easter-themed ones like bunnies, lambs and chicks are cute)
- Boogie Board eWriter (great for any age!)
- Barbie and/or Barbie Clothes and Action Figures
- Age appropriate Easter-themed books like The Velveteen Rabbit and this Berenstain Bears and the Easter Story is an Amazon Best Seller
- Art supplies, coloring books, crayons, etc.
- This adorable Owl Night Light (only $7.99)
- Play-Doh Spring Easter Eggs Packs
- A home-made coupon for a one-on-one lunch or movie date without their older siblings
- A pinwheel, bath toy,or bubbles
- Tickets for them and one friend to see Beauty and the Beast (popcorn included)
- If you have a toddler, here is one of the best selling toys – Tomy Hide and Squeak Eggs
Easter Basket Stuffers for Pre-Teens and Teens
Even though Jackson is a teenager now, I know that he’d still get a kick out of getting an Easter Basket. I’m not going to impose any boundaries on what age things should stop, I think it comes naturally. By the time kids are 14 and 15, most think that Trick or Treating and Easter Baskets are too juvenile. I’m going to let it die a natural death but until then, here is a recommended list of gift items for older kids.
- Cash (it’s king with this age group)
- Gift Cards (to their favorite book store, clothing store, or ice cream/juice bar)
- Boogie Board eWriter (great for any age!)
- iTunes / Gaming Store Gift Card
- A book, here is a link to Amazon’s Best Sellers for ages 9-12
- A home-made coupon for a one-on-one lunch or movie date without their younger siblings
- A new addition to any collection that have (POP Vinyls, Alexi & Ani bracelets)
- Fidget Spinners (they are huge right now)
- Teen Beauty/Grooming Products (EOS Lip Balm, Body Fragrances, AXE Spray for him, AXE Spray for her)
- Tickets to a concert or sporting event
If you are lucky enough to live in Connecticut, hop on over to Splurge (in Greenwich)! During a recent visit there, I was majorly impressed with the enormous inventory of gift items and Easter-themed products. Splurge carries many gift items that I haven’t seen anywhere else.
| Sonia of Splurge Gift Shop in Greenwich, sits among the donated Easter Baskets |
One of the many reasons that I like to shop at Splurge is because of Sonia’s efforts around giving back to her community. She started a Easter Basket Collection campaign several years ago that continues to grow. Her store is the collection spot for Easter Baskets for children who might not otherwise get them. If you are interested in assembling an Easter Basket to donate, Splurge is accepting them until April 15.